Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mass emails

Do I mind mass emails? No.  It doesn't bother me at all when I get an email of any kind (that isn't spam).  Just because I do not mind it though, does not mean I will respond to it.  It does not take very much effort on my part to click the delete button.  When I do, I do not think twice about the email that I just deleted.

I can not help but notice though, how many clueless students there are.  My number one pet peeve about mass emails from BYU students is that they never say for which class they are asking help for.  How am I supposed to know that they are in my D&C class or in my Spanish Literature class.  Do they expect me to know there name?  Sorry, but only a few people are that important.

I also can not help but think that the people sending these emails are the ones who never attend class.  They always ask no brainer questions such as, 'When did the teacher say the test was?' or 'Is there a review session for the upcoming test?' If they had gone to class, they would have known.

Also, it seems like every mass email begins with, 'I'm sorry for sending out this mass email.  I know everybody hates this.'  Save your fingers some exercise.  That just makes more to read.  As I said, it does not take very much effort to put an email in the trash can.

So, write all the mass emails you want.  I probably will never respond to one.  I probably will never think longer about one than it took to write this post ever again.  But it makes for a good rant.

Go to class and pay attention.  Otherwise you will be like a fish out of water.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're getting the hang of this blogging thing.

    ReplyDelete