Friday, February 24, 2012

Communication


There are many forms of communication.  There is verbal, non-verbal, and then all of the personalized gibberish that nobody else understands. 

Everybody comes up with different ways to express themselves, and naturally expects people around them to know exactly what they are saying.  We know what we mean, why doesn't everybody else? 

Well, I have learned that people do not always understand what I say.  It may not be my word choice, but more the tone of voice I use.  I find that many times I know things because I have thought about them.  It is usually little, everyday things that I know what has happened, and expect others to know what has happened.  So when people ask what are to me some obvious decisions, I sound like it is a ridiculous question, and my tone of voice reflects it.

I realize that people do not know what I know, but I still assume that they would immediately know what conclusion I have come to.

I guess I just need to slow down sometimes to better communicate my thought processes so others will understand, and not be offended.

No comments:

Post a Comment