Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What is worth getting angry about?

Have you ever had one of those friends that you feel will explode at the most menial things?  When you feel scared to bring something up because you are afraid of a plate being thrown at your face?  Yeah, me too.

I wonder often how people can just flip a switch like that and turn into an unrelenting, unapproachable monster.  This just amazes me, because much of the time, they are fun people to be around.  But when you do some small thing, like root against their sport team or try and compromise splitting spoils left by an ex roommate, they just are not worth all the drama.

So I was just wondering, what is worth getting upset about?  Are some things more important to some people than to others?  I root for the Jazz, but if somebody tells me that they aren't very good, I could care less.  But if I tell that same person that the Nuggets are just as bad and he gets all crazy defensive and ridicules what I like just to hurt me, now that is pretty lame.  

Maybe some people take things very personally.  Maybe they do not get the big picture of life, and cling to things that do not bring joy (like the Nuggets).  They see these things as more important than friendship, more important than being civil.

It really makes things stressful because I am the type of person who wants to be kind and thoughtful towards everybody.  I don't like having bad thoughts or feelings towards friends.  But sometimes, I just turn out to be like a fish out of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment