Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Another year comes, and we now we have another Valentine's Day.  I wonder how this day came to be so popular.  It appears to be a good concept, showing your affection to your significant other; however, shouldn't you be showing your affection every day to him/her?

Are significant others only important one day a year?  That's not very significant if you ask me.  If you love somebody, why would you make a big deal about just one day?  I know Valentine's Day isn't anything bad, I just do not understand why people would go through such lengths on this day rather than any other.  Roses are more expensive, restaurants have outrageously long waits, and the specialness of the day is zapped because you are doing what you are doing because it is expected of you.

Once again, I do not want to accuse anybody of doing something special on Valentine's Day, I just hope it isn't your only special day of the year.  I sure hope Jessica is never able to accuse me of that :) 

Maybe not doing something special on Valentine's Day would make people feel like a fish out of water?

No comments:

Post a Comment